It has been a whole year since I had the privilege to meet and begin to work with you all in ministry. So, I suppose we could say Happy Anniversary! The amazing consistency of anniversaries are those touching points where we look back and see how far you have travelled in life in the past year. We have had so much happen in the last year as a congregation that I don’t even know where
to begin! Like everything, through the good and the stressful, I would say that we are in a different (in a good way) and growing place.
My ordination anniversary is on the 15th of August, too. A whole year since we were in the midst of a pandemic and had one of the quietest, yet special, ordinations I have ever been to. A whole year of learning and growth, like it will be next year too. Jesse and I will also be married for four years on the 12th of August, and five years since we met one another in early August. All anniversaries where we look and see exactly how much we have grown year to year. I am not usually a big anniversary person. We never really do gifts or special meals, but maybe we will have to mix that up some this year. I hope that you all have found something special to mark this summer and have been able to celebrate it in a wonderful way!
Lastly, I would like to thank you all for a wonderful first year. We have seen the world change in so many ways and we have continued to stay united as a community and support one another. So, Happy Ministry Anniversary, everyone!
The Annual Meeting of Red Oak Grove Lutheran Church will be held on September 19, 2021. The meeting will follow our 9 a.m. worship service
Everyone is invited to attend.
Potluck dinner following the meeting.
On September 12th at 9 a.m. we will be hosting a Cowboy Church service.
WELCA will meet on August 1st after worship and Council will meet on Sunday, August 8th after worship.
Pastor Leandra will be on vacation from August 9th – August 23rd. In case of an emergency contact First Lutheran at 583-6621
Our June 6, 2021 WELCA meeting was called to order by President Joyce Peterson following worship. There were 12 present. Our purpose was read in unison. No opening hymn, no devotions. Secretary’s Report was given. No corrections. It will be placed on file. No correspondence. The Treasurer’s Report was given by Ardell. No questions or corrections. It will be on file.
Committee Reports: Quilting – There will be quilts for sale under the big tent at the Strawberry Social. Drive through style.
New Business: There will be a “Woman’s Day” Retreat at Good Earth Village on June 26th. It will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. A Day of Inspiration. Speaker and lunch is $35. Let Joyce know if interested.
Offering was taken. Worship meditation was given by Ardell Swenson. A reading “A Fan of Power”. A 90th birthday card was signed by many for Pastor Bagne for his up-coming birthday.
Nancy made a motion no July meeting. Next meeting will be Sunday, August 1st. Seconded by Linda. Thoughts of concern for Gilman Peterson. Closed with the Lord’s Prayer.
Linda L. Christianson, Secretary.
Council Meeting – June 15, 2021
Rony Magnuson filled in the role of Secretary.
Holly Ille, Tom Harber, Joyce Peterson, Pastor Leandra and Rony Magnuson were in attendance. Rachael Magnuson and Angie Wagaman agreed to allow discussion and votes on the agenda as presented prior to the meeting allowing a quorum.
Treasurer Reports for May and June were approved as presented. Unanimous vote.
The Memorial Fund was mentioned and agreed to discuss at the next meeting. Second membership letter was approved to be mailed out to those who have not replied. Unanimous vote.
Agreed the Pastor could research and upgrade the internet services for the church and parsonage and ROG would split the costs. Unanimous vote.
Sunday fellowship was discussed and agreed to postpone further discussions until the next meeting.
The date was set for a potluck style dinner following the Annual Meeting in September. More specifics will be discussed at the next meeting.
Noisy Coin offering was mentioned and agreed to discuss at the next meeting.
Red Oak Grove Lutheran Church – Council Minutes – July, 13 2021
The meeting was called to order by president, Rony Magnuson. Members in attendance were Rony, Gary, Holly, Julie, Rachael, Tom, Pastor Leandra, Cathy, Joyce and Laura. Highs and lows were shared. Pastor Leandra led opening prayer.
- Treasurer’s Report for June was presented and approved.
- Old Business
- Sacristy still needs to be cleaned and organized. Julie volunteered to take care of it.
- New Business
- A motion to convert old answering machines to voicemail was approved.
- Pastor Leandra’s request for vacation Aug 9-23 was approved.
- Council Meeting in August was rescheduled from August 10th to August 8th.
- Memorial Fund was discussed.
- Cowboy Service was discussed. It will be held on September 12th at 9am. Coffee and treats to follow.
- Fuel contracts were discussed for the fall. Tom agreed to look into it.
- Noisy Coin offering was discussed and will be resumed.
- Church photos and directory were discussed and will be looked into for August meeting.
- Church Celebration scheduled for September 19th with a potluck dinner. A planning committee was approved and established to handle arrangements. Rony Magnuson will chair the committee.
- A committee was approved and established to research and present at the Annual Meeting our options for repairing / replacing the fellowship hall floor. Tom will chair the committee. Other members include: Shad, Karen, Laura and Joyce (alternate).
- Approved resuming fellowship and coffee after services. Council will serve 1st Sunday and WELCA 3rd Sunday each month. The remaining Sundays will be served by the congregation via a sign-up sheet. If no one signs up, there will be no fellowship that day.
- Secretary’s Report for June was approved as submitted.
- Deacon’s Report
- Day Camp in June had 2 kids in attendance.
- GIFT / Sunday School is being planned for the fall. Tentatively, GIFT will be on 1st Wed in October and a follow up opportunity the Sunday following GIFT. A meeting with the Deacons, Pastor Leandra and Marilyn U. is being planned to discuss and refine these ideas further.
- Meeting was adjourned and closed with the Lord’s Prayer.
Rachael Magnuson, Deacon